Gippsland Memorial Park (GMP) is located off the Tyers Road, about 5 kms North West of Traralgon.
Overlooking the Latrobe River flood plain with spectacular views of the nearby hills to the north and south, it was originally known as “The Bluff” cemetery, with the first burial in 1869 and then became known as Traralgon Cemetery.
The Traralgon Public Cemetery was gazetted in 1872 and the Trust was first appointed in 1877. Prior to that, burials were conducted in several locations around the Traralgon area.
The site was renamed Gippsland Memorial Park (GMP) in 2002 to recognise the service it provides to all of Gippsland and the contribution made by Gippsland councils in establishing Gippsland Crematorium. GMP incorporates Gippsland Crematorium and Traralgon Cemetery and is managed by Traralgon Public Cemetery Trust.
The GMP is a not-for-profit organisation, servicing the local community and all of Gippsland as it is the only crematorium in Gippsland.
It has a large range of options for burial and the memorialisation of ashes within its 15 acres of parkland. Our niche walls, gardens and family tree locations provide a pleasant environment to visit.
All burial plots and memorialisation of ashes are purchased for perpetuity (forever) unless otherwise specified. Each location provides two interments whether it be for burial or cremated remains.
Friendly staff can help with your choice of site and families may be assured of care and compassion when selecting a resting place for their loved ones.